Ty Dolla $ign Details Working With Lupe Fiasco

West coast singer/producer, Ty Dolla $ign did the hook for Lupe Fiasco's new single, Next To It. The song is the first single off Lupe's upcoming fifth album, Tetsuo & Youth. In a recent interview with Complex Magazine, Ty spoke on his unforgettable working experience with Lupe.






Recalling his time in the studio with Lupe Fiasco while recording Next To It, Ty Dolla $ign said...




“He’s definitely in my Top 10 now. I don’t know why I wasn’t paying attention but after I did that song with him. I’ve done songs with a lot of people right? This nigga right here, me and Shafiq did the beat, he gave me an idea for the hook, I went in and did the hook, and then he went in the booth and just spit the whole fucking song, dog. I promise you it was off the top of the head, no written. The whole song. Probably went back and changed like two fuck-ups. I’ve never seen that done before. Lupe is that guy.”



You can listen to the song below. 





Download the song here Next To It

No comments:

Post a Comment