Tupac Once Recorded 13 Tracks in 4 Days

Yes, he said it himself in a rare interview he did after getting out of jail in 1995. Asides from recording the whole Don Killuminati album in 7 days, he actually recorded 13 tracks off his double CD album, All Eyez On Me in 4 days. This was done the days following his release from prison back in 95. In the interview with L.A Times's Chuck Philips, he spoke on how he went straight to the studio the very next day after he got out. Read his words below. 




“I been in the studio since the day after I got out. I got out Thursday, I been in here since Friday. About twelve hours a day. Up until they kick me out. It be dark and everybody gotta go to sleep, people be passing out, so I’m like, ‘Okay, I guess we gotta go home now.’ So then we go home, come back early in the morning, and do it again. I think we broke a record this time for any recording. I’m trying to do my album in less than a week so I can call my album 7 Days. But if I change the title I might do a couple more songs.” (L.A Times Interview)


He didn't achieve that with All Eyez On Me which ended up having 27 tracks, but he achieved his task of a 7 day album recording with his next album, The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory. During the course of the interview, he spoke more on the recording session of All Eyez On Me


“We did thirteen tracks in four days. Thirteen fat tracks. The one’s that’s really gonna be humdingers, the big ones, ‘2 Of Amerikaz Most Wated' with me and Snoop. That’s gonna be a humdinger. ‘Shorty Wanna Be A Thug,’ that’s gon’ be a big one. And ‘Wonder Why They Call You Bitch’ with Faith. That’s gon’ be a big one. ‘Picture Me Rollin’.’ It’s just gon’ be fat. It’s different than any other album I came with so far. This one might throw a lot of people off ‘cause I just blacked out.” (L.A Times Interview)


Tupac was definitely one of the hardest working rappers in Hip Hop history. I guess his work ethic was the reason seven posthumous albums were released after his death. It is almost like he was recordin a song every day after he got out of jail in 95.

No comments:

Post a Comment