Iggy Azalea Speaks on Not Being Fully Accepted By Fashion World

Iggy Azalea is a rapper first, but is also a fashion person. She has modeled for a lot of fashion houses in the last couple of years, and wants to go deeper into fashion. Like Kanye West, she says the fashion world gives the rappers trying to get into industry a tough time. She took time to explain why this is so during her recent interview on Hot 105.1's The Breakfast Club Show.










"I feel like the fashion world...they love Rap music, but then I feel like...The designers love rap music and they love creative things. But then, I feel like the people that kind of write about fashion or report about fashion are more straitlaced, and not so...they are not edgy. The people that are actually getting the crazy inspirations and making this clothing stuff, they are actually kind of like, actually creatives, and they understand that (Rap music). But the people that write about it, I feel like kinda sometimes, don't get it so it's weird like, what...the press really does influence sort of like people's perception or views of what they think of you."




On other news, Iggy dropped her debut album, The New Classic last week, and it is currently at the number 3 spot on Billboard's 'Top 200 Albums Chart.' The album sold 52,000 copies after a week in stores. Congrats to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment