Kanye West Defends Calling Himself a god

The heading reads- 'Kanye West Defends Calling Himself a god.' Okay, we've gotten that out the way, now lets go on. In a recent BBC radio interview with Zane Lowe, Kanye touched on the subject of his controversial song, I Am a god, off his recently released Yeezus album.






"When someone comes up and says something like, 'I am a god,' everybody says, 'Who does he think he is?' I just told you who I thought I was. A god. I just told you, that's what I think I am. Would it have been better if I had a song called 'I am a n*gga?' Or if I had a song that said 'I am a gangster?' Or if I had a song that said 'I am a pimp.' All those colors and patinas fit better on a person like me, right? But to say you are a god? Especially when you got shipped over to the country that you're in and your last name is a slave owner's. 'How could you say that? How could you have that mentality?'"








Psalm 82:6 says- "I said, you are gods." So why are hypocritical people condemning Kanye West for his statement? Its funny that people that are always condemning people to 'Hell' are people that don't even understand their own religion...people that don't don't know 0.000001% of what is written in the Bible. And Kanye really was speaking in context of a musical god on that song. Okay, lets say he was blasphemous  and he sinned, and he is going to hell. Sin is sin, right? So, the guy that slept with a girl he is not married to yesterday, or the guy that stole from his office, or the guy that didn't help the homeless man he saw on his way to work all also sinned. Since sin is sin, they are potentially going to the same hell they believe Kanye is bound to end up...unless there are different levels in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment