Damon Dash Speaks On Present Relationship With Jay Z

Back in the mid 90s, Damon Dash and Jay-Z were good friends and business partners. They co-founded RocaFella Records, and went on to start the clothing line, Roca Wear. They made millions together from the 90s to the early 2000. Jay Z was the face, the artist, and Damon Dash handled the business side of things. But people change, and their dreams also change. It came to a time when their dreams were no longer in alignment and they had to go separate ways. Till this day, no one knows the full story, but Dame claims Jay Z tricked him out of ownership of Roca Wear and RocaFella Records.









A couple of days ago, Damon Dash was interviewed on the Comebat Jack Show, and when he was asked about his present relationship with Jay Z, and he said...









I don’t think it’s an issue with him. I just think we took different paths. I’m proud of everything that he’s done and I’m proud of everything that I’ve done since then. I feel like I’ve done a lot and whatever his dreams are he’s made them come true but my dreams aren’t the same as his. What I consider a win most people don’t.







Life is about perspective. So my perspective on things is probably different than most. I’m not trying to be in hip-hop at 42 and 43 looking like an old man in the club. I never wanted to do that. I always wanted to do fashion, make movies, I enjoy business and being an entrepreneur on every level. I really enjoy it. I really enjoy my independence. I enjoy doing businesses without anyone’s help.



Hmm! Did you catch his swipe at Jay Z? "I'm not trying to be in hip-hop at 42 and 43 looking like an old man in the club." Jay Z is 43.

No comments:

Post a Comment