Nas Speaks On CNN Crowing Him "Greatest Lyricist Of All Time"

Just days into the New Year, CNN released an article with the title "Nas- Hip Hop's Finest MC", where they dissected his 20 year long career, and came to the conclusion that, without a doubt, Nas is the greatest lyricist of all time.  Much has been said since then...a lot of people not agreeing with those claims. In a recent interview with Angie Martinez (on Hot 97 radio), Nas touched on the subject.



"Yeah. Kinda. At first, I was cringing like, 'What?' But the way he broke down the article...It is what it is, man. I'ma own it."







That's very true. Anyone that read the whole article and saw how they broke it down, would have to agree with CNN. In the interview, Nas also gave word on his 11th studio album coming soon.




"I don't know if I've done my best, I think what's next to come is crazy because the zone I'm in is so right, that I'm happy to be in the place that I'm at right now to make music. I don't know what just got into me but I love it. I'm gonna take advantage of the zone that I'm in when it comes to making this next record. I feel like Ali. I feel like going in so I started to put together he base of it and I'm ready." 


That's great to hear. I would love to hear some new Nas while he still in the zone. Dude is turning 40 this year. Read full CNN article here- Nas- Hip Hop's Finest MC

No comments:

Post a Comment