Kendrick Lamar Speaks On Rappers That Influenced Him

A lot of the up and coming rappers of this time were influenced by older rappers from the 90s and the early 2000s, and Kendrick Lamar is no exception. Below is who and who he says influenced his rap style-



"I'm probably more West Coast influenced," he said. "[I'm] a little bit Kurupt, 'Pac, and some content of [Ice] Cube…I think it's really just the West Coast influence, truthfully. I come up under Dre and under Snoop. Just listening to them over the years, it's really just that melodic feel that I could never escape."








Personally, if you would ask me, I would say Kendrick is more of a mix of Andre 3,000, Eminem and Lil Wayne...maybe you can add a little Kurupt in there, and a lil Nas for story-telling skills, but he doesn't sound anything like Ice Cube to me. He might just have been trying to big-up his coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment