Robert Townsend Says Nas Is Underrated

Film Director, Actor, and Comedian, Robert Townsend was interviewed by sohh.com, and when asked who he considers underrated in the Hip Hop world, he said Nas. In case you don't know him, he was the lead man in the 1993 movie, The Meteor Man...which he also wrote. I just want you guys to know that this dude is 54, so for him to still know a thing or two about rap he deserves an applause.




Read what he said below- 

"I don't know, I don't know because I would say Nas. You know what? I'd say Nas," Townsend told SOHH when asked what hip-hop artist is most underrated. "He's really brilliant. I think it's his creativity that stands out. Lyrically, he knows how to put it all together. There's some lines and sometimes when I'm with my kids, we'll listen to different things [like Nas' music] and he's just brilliant. I just think Nas is up there with the best. Right now Lil Wayne is at the top of his game but he's up there with the best and he's got a point of view." (SOHH)



I would say Nas is like a Micheal Jordan, and Lil Wayne is Lebron James. It is funny people keep comparing Nas and Lil Wayne. There should never be a comparison. Like last year when Jenifer Lopez was asked who her favorite rapper was. She said that it was Nas for many years, but now it is Wayne. I hope poeople don't get it twisted and think they are actually saying Wayne is a better rapper than Nas. Wayne is untop now, and Nas has been where Wayne is. Even though Nas has never been the one to love the attention, he has been at the top before.








It's all good though. It is hip hop, and it changes with time. For any rapper to be in the game for more than 10 years, and still get mentioned a lot as one of the best, i think it is a great achievement. That's why i will always respect, Jay-Z, Eminem, Busta Rhymes, Jadakiss, Fabolous...and the other rappers in that category.










No comments:

Post a Comment