Lil Wayne Disses Jay-Z On Carter 4

Carter 4 is Lil Wayne's 7th solo rap album, and it is due to be released next week Monday (although it has already leaked on the internet), Aug 29th. Anticipating fans have more to look forward to, as it is now clear that Wayne disses Jay-Z on one of the tracks (It's Good) off the album. Earlier this year, Jay-Z dissed Baby (cofounder of cash money records, and father-figure to lil wayne) on H.A.M, a track that was meant to be on the just released Watch The Throne album.

Here are some of the lines from wayne to jay-z below-


"Talkin' 'bout baby money, I gotcha baby money," Wayne raps. "Kidnap your b*tch get that how much you love your lady money / I know you fake, n*gga / Press your brakes, n*gga / I'll take you out, that's a date, n*gga / I'm a grown a** blood, stop playing with me / Play a**hole, and get an a** whippin' / I think you pussycat, hello kitty." ("It's Good")

 

This obviously a direct response to jay's line- "I'm like really half a billi n****, really you got Baby money/ Keep it real with n****s, n****s ain't got my lady money." The "niggas ain't got my lady money" part is jay saying that they don't even have 'Beyonce type money'. And the reason why Jay-Z dropped this lines in the first place was because Baby said it at an interview that none of his peers (Jay-Z, P.Diddy, J.D...) make the kind of money he make off music.

Earlier in March, Wayne had already said he would respond to jay's lines, so doing it on a track on his Carter 4 album just make more sense, for promo preferences.Below is what Lil Wayne said about the Jay-Z line aimed at Baby in March-

According to Weezy, who heard the track personally throughKanye West, he isn't looking to start another competition with Jay. Wayne told MTV News that he didn't ask 'Ye about the alleged dig: "I wouldn't ask him about a Jay-Z line because he's not Jay-Z." That doesn't mean Wayne wouldn't respond to the line, even if he hasn't returned fire just yet. "Me and my wit, given my wit, I would probably play off of it," Wayne explained. "But I wouldn't make it a competition, because actually, the subject that he's talking about in that line, I can't box with the card. I'd be the first one to tell you that, given my wit, and the type of person that I am, I'd capitalize and I'd play off of it. Yeah, I definitely would." (MTV)



I know Lil Wayne was throwing shots at Jay-Z around 2007, but when Carter 3 dropped, who is the first feature on the album? Jay-Z; on the "Mr Carter" track. Sometimes i just feel all these disses are just a way of getting attention; or maybe they don't really take the disses personal.











No comments:

Post a Comment