RICK ROSS COMMENTS ON NAS DEF JAM PRESIDENCY POST


A couple of weeks ago, it was rumored that NAS had been offered the post of DEF-JAM president, a post formerly held by JAY-Z. He, nas, confirmed the rumor and said he is still thinking on what his decision would be.

Rick Ross was asked about what he thought about the issue, him being under DEF JAM, and he had this to say:

"I love it," Ross said about Nas being considered for an executive position. "I love when I hear an artist finna to get some other motherf*cker's money. We deserve it all, I can't lie. I want rap n*ggas to takeover everything, might as well f*cking do films too. It is what it is but at the same time, man, you know, Nas been in the game. I believe his track record speaks for itself and if any label is gonna do it, I feel it should be Def Jam. Def Jam is the Hip-Hop Hall of Fame. There's so many legends that came through the game after you've had a successful recording career as an artist, I feel there's a lot more to benefit, experience-wise, so why not capitalize off of it instead of giving it to a motherf*cker straight out of Howard University who ain't ever put a mixtape together, give it to a motherf*cker that did it all." (SOHH)

I am a big NAS fan, but i do not think it would be a good decision for him to take the post; that is just my opinion. Nas has always stayed true to the art of hip hop, and would not, through out his career, make any move that contradicts that. And i think taking up this post would have to see him bending his rules once in a while. He would have to approve what sells, and not what is really hip hop. Or if he stays true to the roots, and the company does not make money like they should, what would they say? Would they label him a bad president?

This is just what i think. I might be wrong, and i might be right, i do not know. Or maybe, this would bring the best out of nas and make him pay more attention to promoting even his own albums, as he would be supervising other people's projects. I said this because nas is a great rapper, but he gets to lay back some times. There are times when he drops an album, and it takes him like 5 months to drop a second video, and when he drops it, he does not give it the push it needs. I don't know; maybe it's this mystery nas surrounds around him that keep people wanting more from this talented rap guru.

All in all, we will have to wait for his decison, and i think it would give def jam some light in a different direction, which would be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment