What Happened to Nairaland?

Nairaland is Nigeria's biggest forum website/social media site, with an Alexa ranking of 877th in the world. Two days ago, the most visited website in the whole of West Africa went down. Now, the over one million people who visit the site daily are left hanging in cyber limbo...including me. I used to go there for music news, news on politics, world news, celebrity gossip, and a host of other information. So what really happened to Nairaland? The founder, Seun Osewa posted this tweets on Twitter some hours/days ago.














My guess is that the forum was hacked into. I wish him all the best. I can't imagine how much money and credibility he has lost in the last 48 hours. I can't even imagine what would happen if Twitter went down like this...some people would go mad...I mean literally run mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment