This Week's Top Selling Rap Albums on Billboard's 'Top 200 Albums Chart'

Yup! It's that time of the week again. Before I owned a blog, back in the early 2000s, this was my favorite time of the week. I would hit up so, so and so website, and see how my favorite rappers were doing in the sales department. Most times I got disappointed, sometimes I would be happy. Like when...Okay, enough of my rambling, back to work. Iggy Azalea's 'The New Classic' is the highest selling rap album on Billboard's 'Top 200 Albums Chart' this week, with 15,234 copies sold. It is now at a total of 105,658 copies sold so far. Thanks to her hit single, Fancy, she will be doing good numbers till the song loses steam.






Check out the full list of this week's top selling rap albums.








Iggy Azalea- The New Classic- 15,234 (105,658)

Eminem- The Marshall Mathers LP 2- 8,640 (2,107,750)

Future- Honest- 8,447 (92,951)

Tech N9ne Collabos- Strangeulation- 8,312 (44,084)

YG- My Krazie Life- 5,632 (153,430)

Rick Ross- Mastermind- 4,000 (338,300)









Rick Ross is slowly dropping off the charts. I thought he would at least make it to 400k. Unless he thinks of some way of getting more people to buy the album, he might stop selling at around 350,000. It's funny cos this album is really good...at least better than his last two albums, and it is on it s way to being his lowest selling album to date. Deeper Than Rap also didn't do so well commercially compared to his other albums. Is there a correlation here? Deeper Than Rap, Port of Miami, and Mastermind are his best albums from his catalog. His last album, 'God Forgives, I Don't' has sold over 600,000 copies since it was released in 2012. And that album is definitely not as good as this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment