Raekwon Speaks on Working With Jay-Z on Magna Carta Holy Grail

New York rappers from back in the 90s always worked with each other, so it surprising to know that Raekwon and Jay-Z are just collaborating for the first time in Hip Hop history. Raekwon is going to be a guest artist on one of the tracks off Jay's 12th album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, which drops officially on July 9th.


In a recent interview on Montreality, Rae spoke about the collabo with Jay-Z...

“Definitely his peoples had reached out to me and said that he wanted to connect with me on a track. My thing was it’s about time. We both never had an opportunity to really do that before, so I knew in my heart it was time to make that kind of move happen…He embraced me. He gave me nothing but love. We laughed. We talked. We talked about real shit. We talked about parenthood. We talked about life.”



Hmm! I just remembered something. Wasn't Raekwon shitting on Jay-Z back in 2006 when Jay came out of retirement with Kingdom Come? I remember Rae saying, at one of his shows that Kingdom Come was a weak album. Well, time changes yesterday. I guess things have changed since then. But I know Jay always has a way of using the power of love to defeat his enemies. I still stand on the opinion that love is the most potent weapon in war. Just read the above comment from Raekwon and see how he is bigging-up Jay. Just like how Fat Joe and Jay had a cold war for as long as I can remember, and then Jay showed up at his J.O.S.E 2 album release party (back in 2009) without being invited, and the next day, Joe was on twitter shouting out Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment