Barack Obama Says He Gets Embarassed While Listening to Jay-Z and Nas With His Daughters Around

It is common knowledge that the U.S president, Barack Obama listens to Hip Hop. And it has been noted by inside sources that He has songs from Ludacris, to Jay-Z, and Nas on his Ipod. In a recent interview, he admitted to being embarrassed anytime he has to listen to songs from Jay-Z and Nas while his daughters are with him...plainly because of the rapper's constant use of heavy language in their songs. This is what he had to say about Hip Hop music- "It's culturally incisive and politically vital. It speaks truth to power. It's the last bona fide innovation in pop music. I just wish it wasn't so damned...vulgar..."































I guess i agree with him. Actually, in my teans, i used to be a "goody-two-shoe" kind of guy, but i was so in love with the wordplay in rap music, that i couldn't but listen to it. So, i would learn all the lyrics, and rap along, but i would sensor out all the parts with vulgar words with pauses...And it became an unconscious act. I still do it till this day. If i am with my fellow rap enthusiast, and i am rapping to a song, and i feel i have to rap every word, to stress the passion the rapper put into it, i actually have to make it a conscious act.






Read what Obama had to say about listening to Hip Hop around his daughters-


"You know, we actually don't constrain what she listens to," President Obama said referring to daughter Malia. "We expect her to show some good judgment. She listens to my iPod and has gotten hip to stuff that was made well before she was born like Motown, jazz, classic rock. There's a whole bunch of stuff that she's picking up on. We actually share tastes in hip-hop and rap music but we don't listen to it together, because some of the language in there would embarrass me--at least while I'm listening to it with her. Folks like Jay-Z, Nas, we both like them, but when it comes on and I'm sitting with her and Sasha, then I fast-forward because it would make me blush.... It's interesting, both Malia and Sasha, they're very much up on pop culture, but what I'm pleased to see is that they're interested in making culture too." (Glamour)



No comments:

Post a Comment