50 Cent's "Street King Immortal" Album Gets Pushed Back

Street King Immortal is 50 Cent's 5th album, and would be the last with Interscope Records. It was scheduled to drop November 13, but has been pushed back to an unknown date...probably early 2013. He says they need to work out some logistics at the label, since it's going to be his last with them, and that that has caused the delay. If you ask me, it all boils down to him not having a hot enough buzz out there currently.


This definitely couldn't have happened to the 50 of 2003-2005, but I guess what goes around comes around.  Read more below-


"Yeah, Street King Immortal. The actual album, it was scheduled to release November 13th, but we had to move the date," Fif said in an interview from Paris, France. "For this album, it's already been a year late. It's usually two years in my cycle that I go because I release the record and then I spend a whole year after touring and then I go again. So on this actual cycle it was actually a lot longer because it's the final album requirement for Interscope and we went through an audit type of situation until we got it all cleared up and now everybody's ready to work, so it's ready to come out. I finished it. I'm comfortable with the actual record, I feel it's arguable as good if not better than what I did in the beginning with Get Rich and The Massacre. But you know, I've learned to adjust pretty well to people judging me as an artist and people look at the material and try to be critics more than fans. But I'm my biggest critic." (Money Bags Blake)







The first single from the album, New Day is really cool. It features Alicia Keys and Dr. Dre, and it has the feel of a big hit, but I guess people would rather listen to "retarded-type" music right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment