Rappers React to Beastie Boys Member, Adam Yauch's Death

The sad news yesterday was that pioneer rapper, and one third of the white rap group (Beastie Boys), Adam Yauch had died. He had been fighting Cancer for a while now, but passed away yesterday at age 47. It is only natural that rappers would react to this. People need to know that Adam Yauch and his other crew members from the beastie boys were rapping in the 80s, which means that they most have had some influence on the rappers from the 90s and beyond.






Below are comments from rappers concerning his death-



"RIP MCA U are a Legend and a pioneer. #BeastieBoys4life," Snoop Dogg tweeted May 4th. (Snoop Dogg's Twitter)

New York rap veteran Big Daddy Kane also sent his condolences.
"Rest in peace MCA of the Beastie Boys. A pioneer, legend & OG that will be missed.," he tweeted. (Big Daddy Kane's Twitter)

Atlanta's DJ Drama gave his thoughts on losing a hip-hop pioneer.
"Sad news... RIP MCA of the Beastie Boys... We just lost another member of hiphop royalty" (DJ Drama's Twitter)


Nas also commented on the death-

"One of my greatest moments in music was when I worked with the Beastie Boys... Now today I'm hearing our brother is gone. I prayed this would not happen. MCA was so cool, man. We had great talks about what it was like for them in the beginning, getting into the rap game. I'll never forget that experience for the rest of my life. MCA is true legend who influenced me. God bless his soul and his loved ones." - NAS

Word also from Rakim-

"There have been a lot of people who have shaped the face and history of hip-hop over the years, but my 3 dudes from Brooklyn were paramount in taking the culture from a local NYC thing and breaking it worldwide. I last saw Adam at the Hip-Hop Honors awards and he was upbeat, gracious and spiritual as always. RIP to my man MCA...we will see you in the next one

And hear is another word from Chuck D of the rap group, Public Enemy-

"Last night, I took a 14 hour flight to Sydney, Australia from LA, embarking on PE's 80th tour in 25 years. I just landed to 65 texts with the news. Adam and the Boys put us on our first tour 25 years and 79 tours ago. They were essential to our beginning, middle and today. Adam especially was unbelievable in our support from then 'til now, even allowing me to induct them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I consider myself a strong man and my father says be prepared to lose many in your post-50 path of life. Still, I'm a bit teary-eyed leaving this plane. R.I.P. Adam aka MCA."

LL Cool J also aired how he felt-

"My condolences to Adams family, The Beastie Boys, their team, and their millions of fans. It's deeply painful to lose someone we grew up with. It seems like just yesterday they helped me break into the business. It hurts man. We must preserve his legacy by continuing to represent the culture he loved so much. May GOD bless your soul MCA.

PS. Thank You" -LL COOL J



And also word from Q-Tip-

"MCA was a great artist, visionary and a selfless humanitarian. He and his bandmates were especially kind to me and we became good friends. They took Tribe out on tour a couple of times and showed us the ropes. We spent a lot of time together and I learned a great deal from him and the boys. Our roots are intertwined in many ways. I can't put into words how crushed I am. My condolences go out to his family. He will be greatly missed."




No comments:

Post a Comment