Prodigy Sets July 3rd For HNIC3 Release

Since Prodigy got out of Jail last year (2011), he has been in the studio recording song after song. With Havoc , they released a 7 track Mobb Deep EP last year, Black Cocaine which had Nas as the only rapper guest appearance. There is also talks of a full-length collaborative album with Nas in the works. That aside, while in jail, Prodigy wrote a lot of songs, which he has so far recorded, and would be released as his third solo album- HNIC3 (Head Nigga In Charge 3), which is scheduled to drop July 3rd.





Below is what he had to say about the album-






“I wanted to use people that were kinda hard to get and also you wouldn't think that I would collab with them," he said. "You wouldn't think that Pee would have a song with them right now."


He said that his record with Wiz Khalifa is titled “Co-Pilot,” and describes the track as “dope.” P said that most of the record was written while he was locked up doing a three-year bid.


"The third one, I spent a lot of time working on it. I did my little bid, there years or whatever, and that's basically when I was writing most of this album," he said. "So, I got to really take my time with the concepts, the lyrics, how I want it to be, be really precise with it and really come up with something that can last a long time."

Hmm! As a Mobb Deep fan for over 12 years, it is hard for me to imagine a track with Prodigy and Whiz Khalifa.

No comments:

Post a Comment