Jadakiss Comments on Mase's Return to Hip Hop

Jadakiss recently spoke on Mase's current return to the hip hop music scene; saying that he hopes Mase is around for the long haul this time. Mase has tried to make a comeback twice already; once in 2004 with former Bad Boy Records boss, Puffy (Diddy), then in 2005 with G-Unit, then in 2009... all the comebacks he made, he was only around for a short while, before returning to his alternate life.



Read what Jada had to say below-

"Murda's my brother from another mother for life, but this game ain't to be played with or tampered with. If he gon' come back, he's got to come all the way back or stay over there at the pulpit," Jada said. "I love him, but he's got to let me know that he's dead serious -- he keep coming back for a short cup of coffee [and] then leaves. He's got to stay for breakfast if he's going to come back." (BET)




I think i totally agree with Jadakiss on this one; Mase needs to make up his mind whether he wants to become a rapper again, or he wants to continue being a preacher. He can't do the two. I know his heart is still in the music, but he is probably ashamed of what people would say about him if he goes back to that Murda Mase image from back in the day. Personally, i think Mase needs to remove the limits and just rap how he feels he wants to rap. I am not saying he should go ahead and start making songs about sleeping with this girl or that, but if there are things he wants to tell the world about, he should remove the limits and tell it the best way possible.


I know Mase has a chance to make a strong comeback, cos he still got it...he never lost it, but the limits he imposed on himself have been holding him back. He knows that himself, and told Funk Master Flex a couple of weeks ago that he is coming back all the way this time. By the way, before i forget, for people that don't know, Mase and Jadakiss were bought signed under Puff Daddy's (Diddy's) Bab Boy label back in the mid 90s.


Below is what Mase said about removing the limits this time around-

"Flex, let me tell you something before I go, though," Ma$e said, "I can only do music if I can do it the way I can do it. That's what be making me stop. I don't want to do music in a box. Like everybody say what I can't do and he can't say this, but if you need me to come do something for you, I've gotta be able to come to that event. So I'm taking all the limitations off. They gonna have to pray for me. I regret not giving myself room for growth. That's what I regret. I went so hard left that I didn't really leave no room to be an individual, a human being. ... I still put God over music any day. I just didn't give myself room to grow. I went from one extreme to another extreme." (Hot 97)


No comments:

Post a Comment