Sales Prediction of Game's The R.E.D Album

The R.E.D. Album
Game's RED album is dropping on Tueday, Aug 23rd, and I am going to attempt to predict the first week sales.  His first album, The Documentary (2005), sold 586,000 copies in its first week. That was the biggest time in his career, and he was riding that whole G-Unit movement, plus Dr Dre was by his side, and they made a classic together.

His sales have been dropping with every new album since then, but I think he has matured as an artist, and I don't belong to the pack of people that judge quality of albums from their sales. His second album, with no Dr Dre & no 50 cent, Dr's Advocate (2006) sold 358,000 copies in its first week out. His third one, LAX (2007), sold 238,000 copies in its first week.

Times have changed since then, and there are a lot of new people on the scene, but Game still has a lot of die-hard fans, so I would say The Red Album would sell between 180-250k in its first week. The whole album leaked last week, and I think it is a pretty decent album. Plus, the Pot of Gold (feat chris brown) video is really cool, and that would help give the exposure the album needs.

2 comments:

  1. Well like you said, times have changed. I don't think it's competition as much as it is albums leaking. I got the red album when it leaked last week and I like it. Guilt prompted me to go to bestbuy today and pay for it. I felt like since I enjoy it, and have been playing it over and over I should go out and support. The first time I paid for a HipHop cd in awhile. I like game, but even Watch the throne has barely sold 600k in two weeks....I say barely because I know more was expected, especially with no leakes. I have no prediction for the red album. I hope he does well though. This cd deserves to sell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, i would like to thank you for going out to get the red album, after you had the leaked copy for a week. A lot of people would read what you said and be moved to do the same. As you said yourself- the album deserves to sell. I have been watching a lot of people's reaction to the red album online since it dropped yesterday, and it has been nothing but positive...even people from places like australia and canada. I bet game would sale more physical copies than 'watch the throne' in its first week. Watch The Throne sold just about 100k physical copies in its first week, the rest 300 plus was digital sales. I wish game all the best.First of all, i would like to thank you for going out to get the red album, after you had the leaked copy for a week. A lot of people would read what you said and be moved to do the same. As you said yourself- the album deserves to sell. I have been watching a lot of people's reaction to the red album online since it dropped yesterday, and it has been nothing but positive...even people from places like australia and canada. I bet game would sale more physical copies than 'watch the throne' in its first week. Watch The Throne sold just about 100k physical copies in its first week, the rest 300 plus was digital sales. I wish game all the best.

    ReplyDelete