Joell Ortiz Reacts to Critiques of His Big Pun Back Track

Ever since Slaughterhouse member, Joell Ortiz dropped that freestyle track, "Big Pun Back", he has been getting a lot of heat for it. First, Big Pun's wife attack Joell, that he had no right to make that track...that he could not bring pun back. If you would ask me, i would say Joell can't see pun on any level, versatility, lyrically, flow or on any other level you can think of. Joell has reacted to her's and the other criticism that has been thrown his way recently considering the track.

 Former Terror Squad members, Tony Sunshine and Cuban Link also came through to say that Pun was something bigger than what Joell is, and he had no right to make that track. Joell Ortiz fired back, saying he does not have to check with anybody to make a song in remembrance of his co-Latino rapper, Big Pun.

You can read what Joell Ortiz had to say about the whole issue below-

"Once again, I was confused. When I speak on them, I speak a little different, because Cuban knows me," Ortiz told radio host Funkmaster Flex Tuesday (June 14) night. "I had met Tony Sunshine before. It was a tribute, and it was a freestyle and it was in memory of a great rapper...Flex, I'm from Brooklyn. I don't have to check in with anyone about anything. I did it for Big Pun to keep his legacy alive. That's it. to be honest with you, I'm in September in my mind already. 'Big Pun's Back' was recorded late April, early May, knowing that the Puerto Rican Day parade was coming up and knowing that his tribute and his legacy needed to stay alive. Who else but me? That's how I felt. But I don't gotta check in with anybody. About anything." (Hot 97)

I would reserve my comments fro now...you can read what Cuban Link had to say below-

"Only a few are chosen to touch certain things," Cuban Link said in an interview. "And at the end of the day, I don't feel that man was chosen to do it. He didn't go through the right ways to touch that. That's all. I mean, it's no problems where there's going to be extra sh*t. It's just, it doesn't sit right with me. But at the end of the day, it is what it is. It's music. Pun was bigger than just our brother at the end of the day. So we just get a little tight when n*ggas do certain things but at the end of the day, I know they're showing love. But I know the business too. I know n*ggas use that business sh*t sometimes to bring it back on themselves and put themselves on a higher level. I gotta talk to that brother because at the end of the day, I was a fan of his sh*t too -- but it's a little personal situation. We'll leave it at that." (Picture Perfect Dot Com)

And Tony Sunshine also spoke his mind on the issue-

"He was beyond one of the best ever to touch the mic," Tony Sunshine added. "I don't think nobody could touch the mic like he did. [Joell Ortiz] is super incredible, I think he's talented and like Cuban said, I'm just glad to see somebody's trying to keep his name alive and rep his name but there's just certain things you don't do. You have to come to the table, to the family, of that man before you do certain things." (Picture Perfect Dot Com)




And finally, what Pun's wife had to say about the whole issue-

"A lot of people are asking how I feel bout Joell Ortiz BIG PUN is Back. Well it was a good attempt on Joell Ortiz part BUT a BIG PUN he will Never be! Found it a bit disrespectful that he would say he the next Christopher Lee Rios to say the least.. With no regard to Me and My family especially My Son PUN'S Only Son which should Be the ONLY one to Claim that BIG PUN is Back.." (Ms Drama TV)

Okay, i get what they are trying to say- he can't come and say Pun is back, because really, he can't touch pun on any level. And personally, i heard that track, and that is like a disrespect. If he at least wanted to say pun was back, he would have come harder than that. But, if it was on the tip of that he had to come and take permission from then, i think it is his only his wife that has the rights to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment