DJ Mustard Once Hung Up on Jay Z

Yea, this is a funny one, but it really happened. Apparently DJ Mustard had gotten on Jay Z's radar, but Mustard didn't believe he had earned that right yet. So, when Jay Z called him on the phone, he hung up, believing it was a prank call.





Read the story below. 

“It was early in the morning. He called, matter fact, he emailed. He’s like, ‘Yo, this is Jay as in Z, do you got time to talk?’ I’m like, ‘What?’ I’m looking at the email. So I showed my girl, like, ‘You see this?’ So I hit my manager like, ‘What’s Jay email?’ He [told me] whatever it was, the same email. So I hit him back like, ‘Yup.’ Like two seconds later he called. I’m like, ‘Hello?’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, this is Jay.’ I’m like, ‘No it ain’t.’ Click. I hung up. Then he called back, he was like, ‘Nah, this is really me.’” (Big Boy interview on Power 106 radio)




I can't wait for something of that nature to happen to me. I mean getting an unexpected call from someone I respect. I can't wait men!


 In case you don't know who DJ Mustard is, he is a beat maker/music producer from California, responsible for such beats like Tyga's Rack City, 2 Chainz I'm Different, T Pain and B.O.B's Up Down, and a host of other hit songs. He is currently managed to Jay Z's Roc Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment