'Wizkid Never Left EME'- Banky W

During the whole "Wizkid left EME" rumour through the weeks, I tried my best to not report on it. First of all, I read the tweets they purported that Banky W twitted, and I just knew he couldn't have said that, so I didn't take any of the news seriously. Banky got with City People magazine recently, and he let the world know the situation...'Wiz Kid never left EME.'
















First of all, I want to say that what we like to call ‘Bad Belle' People’ because they think there may be bad news and when you don’t give them that news they start to create it because I guess bad news sells more than good news. So I want to say categorically that there was no twitter fight. People go on-line and use Photoshop to create my profile and say that I said this and then they go and create Wizkid’s profile and say he said this.
The bottom line is first of all, that never happened and what happened is that we’ve been working on Wizzy’s project to make it work internationally and when you are getting to that level things change. He has his own idea of what he wants to do and we are in 100 percent in support of that and these are things that we dreamed of back in 2009 when I signed him. I felt like this guy can blow all over the world, this guy can you know really be a star and now that it has happened it is a good thing. There is a Disturbing London  (Tinnie Tempah's managment company in the UK) angle he wants to take and so on and so forth and there is a contract in place and he is still signed to EME.

There you have it! Straight from the horses mouth, so stop with all the BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! You dey there when they sign the deal? lol! And speaking of contracts, Banky W also spoke on the 25% deal people rumoured Wizkid was in with EME (Empire Mates Entertainment).

Okay, again, I want to say about “sharing formula” again, I got back to the something I have been saying which is when you don’t give them bad news that create it. EME has the fairest recording deal in the country by far. I can go pound for pound and show you the terms that EME artistes including myself even though I own the company, have versus any other recording contract name the recording company. You don’t do that but I can beat my chest to say EME has the best recording contract in the industry, it is not just true for people to say or hint that any of my artistes are received 25 per cent. It is impossible and even you as an artiste can never sign that kind of deal so it is 100 per cent false. Part of the reason the EME deals are structured the way they are is because I am an artiste myself and when I was coming up, I was offered a lot of deals even in Nigeria that were not just but now that I’m to start up myself, I wont sign a deal with an artiste I wont be able to sign myself which I have also signed the same deal. So to cut the long story short, the report out there is 100 per cent untrue.
In fact, if you actually look at the clause that EME takes on behalf of the artistes from the day we signed until when they released their album or whenever money starts being generated, the deal is actually more in favour of the artiste than of the company but we do that because I myself just wouldn’t feel right about a record deal that won’t benefit the artiste. It is 100 per cent false again. It is just sad that some people try to create news. They don’t have the fact so they create them. However, you have to go back to the things I actually said not the things people said I said or what people said Wizzy said you know, it is just what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment