Is Eminem Gay?

 Eminem is known to use a lot of homophobic slurs in his music over the years. In the early 2000s, he had some backlash from the gay community over this, and he proceeded to perform with Elton John (an openly gay musician) at the 2001 Grammy Awards to make amends for his past homophobic ways. But, after some years, he went back to his old ways. 

Some people believe he is homophobic only because, deep down, he is gay, and he is trying to fight the feeling. That is just a theory, and not proven. But he alluded to something like that in the movie, The Interview, with Seth Rogen and James Franco. He played himself in the 2014 movie, and while being interviewed by James Franco's character in one of the scenes of the movie, he said, "...when I say things about gay people and people think my lyrics are homophobic, , you know, it's because I'm gay." 


A History of Elton John's Relationship With Hip-Hop - XXL


After saying this so casually in the scene of the movie, he went on to keep talking about some of the other things people criticize in his lyrics. James Franco's character brought him back to the topic, and asked him to clarify what he meant by that, and he went on to say, "I mean I'm gay... I am a homosexual... I like men."


When the interviewer (James Franco's character) said people are probably shocked at what Eminem just said right now, he went on to say, "I'm more shocked that people haven't figured it out yet. I mean it's kind of like I've been playing, gay peekaboo."

Eminem hasn't officially said whether he is gay or not, but a lot of people believe even though this was just a scene from a movie, it could have been Eminem's way of coming out the closest. What do you guys think? You can watch the scene from the movie (The Interview) below.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment