Lil Wayne Says He Can't Battle Rap

In the last edition of his Weezy Wednesdays, Lil Wayne admitted to not having the abilities to Battle Rap. A lot of established rappers can write down their thoughts and then record it, but very few of them can actually drop a freestyle off the top of their head, and battle rap. And the longer they have been in the mainstream, the harder it would be for them to even try that.



Lil Wayne was speaking on the just concluded battle rap match-up between Hollow Da Don and Joe Budden when he admitted to not having the abilities to do what battle rappers do. 







“I did hear that Budden lost. Not sure who won out of Mook and Lux yet, but as far as my opinion on battle rapping, I think it’s a cool sport. What I mean by that is, I think it’s something cool to do. I think what they do is very very, very fuckin’ cool. Very dope. It can’t be done by many. I can be the first to say that it can’t be done by me. I don’t know how to Battle Rap. You don’t see me diss. I don’t diss people. I don’t really know how to do that. But what I think about Battle Rapping, I think it’s dope. I think it’s awesome.








Canibus went head on with a legend (LL Cool J) when he was just getting into the game in the late 90s, and he won the battle. But that battle wasn't a face-to face battle, but of recorded songs in the studio. Two years ago, the same Canibus was humiliated by Dizaster in a live battle rap. I still don't know why Canibus accepted that battle invitation. There is nothing to be ashamed of if you can't battle rap. I remember an interview of Eminem and Royce Da 5'9 from 2011, where Royce admitted that he couldn't freestyle off the top of his head. There are a lot of rappers that have to write down what they are thinking first, edit it a few times, and then make it a masterpiece for a song.


No comments:

Post a Comment