Nas Speaks on Possibility of an 'Illmatic 2' Album

Nas's debut album, Illmatic is arguably one of the best hip hop albums ever made. A lot of people reference it when they are speaking on classic rap albums. By April, it would be 20 years old, and in a recent interview, Vibe asked him if he ever considers or would ever consider making a sequel to the album. Below is what he had to say about that question.









"Yes and No, I've thought about it before. I definitely though about that. It just has to flow, it has to be natural. I can work on that and if I don't like it [just scrap it]. I have to feel it. It got to to be honest." 

















If you ask me, I would say- 'Don't do it, Nas.' No matter how it comes out, it will affect the legacy of that great album. He can do like he did with Stillmatic, and name the album with a title similar to Illmatic, but I think it would be a mistake to make an album titled Illmatic 2. The die-hard, stuck in the 90s fans will never be satisfied no matter how dope the album turns out. And the new listeners will call him a washed-up rapper trying to live on past glory. I would suggest a title like Asthmatic. The whole 'Illmatic' theme was about being ill/sick on the mic, so Asthmatic would work well for a title. This is just my suggestion anyway. He might make the Illmatic 2 album, and actually pull it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment