Game Speaks On 6th Album & Label Situation

Game completed his 5 album contract with Intercsope Records when he dropped his 5th album (Jesus Piece) last year. He is currently a free agent. There were talks of him going the independent route with his own label (Rolex Records), but not much as been said about it since he hinted starting  it with Stat Quo last year. In a recent interview with Rap Up TV, Game gave the scoop on his present situation as a free agent, and also spoke about his yet to be titled 6th album-



 About his 6th album

"I'm about 85% on it. I want to make sure conceptually that my mind is prepared to really take that ride and that I can give it to my fans and hip-hop correctly. I just want to sit on it for another few weeks."









About his label situation, he said- 

"Right now, I'm in that Dwight Howard stage. I'm considering money. And I would like it to be cash."



 I'm guessing, with that last statement he made, he is still considering signing with Cash Money Records . I think Game would be better on his own. His last album was great, better than The R.E.D Album, but it sold total of like 250k. Game is no longer a platinum selling rapper, so it would be cool to just be independent with it, and make more money off the moderate sales his albums in the future would do. He needs to just work on his Rolex Records, and maybe get a distribution deal for the label through E1 or something. I don't see him selling more than 500k total with his future albums, whether he goes with a major label or not. It would just be wiser to start building his independent grind, and make more money off his future releases. Hell, even T.I can't get a major label to sign him any longer, and has gone back to how he started in 2001...the Independent route.





No comments:

Post a Comment