DMX Is Broke

Even though his last album sold less than 50k total, I still thought DMX was caking up with tours or something. For someone that was the financial savior of Def Jam Records arround the late 90s, it is hard to believe he is currently broke. On Monday, DMX filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy.





"The rapper DMX filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, court records show, days after his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence. Filed Monday in the Manhattan bankruptcy court, the Chapter 11 petition of Earl Simmons, aka DMX, lists less than $50,000 in assets and $1 million to $10 million in debt. The rapper said in court papers that he filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which is available to both businesses and consumers, "to enable me to reorganize my financial affairs." (Wall Street Journal)"








Well, I hope he can reorganize his life, cos I am a big fan. Even his last album (Undisputed) was real dope.
I always love the passion he puts into making music. From the 90s, to this present day. It's still hard to believe that someone that had to multi-platinum selling albums in one year has less than $50k in assets. DMX released It's Dark And Hell Is Hot and "Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood" (his first and second albums) in 1998, and they both sold over 3 million copies individually. He went ahead and released his third album ....And then There Was X the following year, in 1999. It sold over 5 million copies in the U.S alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment