First Week Sales Prediction Of Kanye West' Yeezus album

Kanye West's 6th album, Yeezus just leaked on the internet a few hours ago, and twitter is going crazy. There are mixed reviews, but one thing I have learnt from my years of being a music fan is that you can't sum up an album on first listen. I remember when I first heard Stillmatic, I didn't like it (apart from Ether ofcos), cos I wanted it to sound so much like Nastradamus. Anyway, before I get lost in my rambling, let me do what I came here to do. I want to predict what Kanye's Yeezus album would sell first week.





Kanye's second and third albums damn near sold plat on their first week out, so he is a big seller. Although he didn't do too much promotion with this album in terms of dropping a hot single and a video, it is still going to sell like a Kanye album, because that 'no promo' strategy worked like promotion on steroids. See how the whole internet has gone into a frenzy over the leak. #Kanye, #Yeezus and three tracks from the album are already trending worldwide. I would predict Yeezus would sell between 400-550k first week. No solo Kanye album has sold lower than 400k first week. 400k copies is Kanye's comfort zone; I see him selling close to 600k first week in the U.S, and about 800k copies worldwide first week.







The album drops next week Tuesday (June 18th), so you can mark your calendars, and go out to support Kanye on that day. I love the fact that it is just 10 tracks...I love it. It means there are no album fillers, just thoroughly worked on 10 tracks for a complete album. Check out Yeezus tracklist below-


1. On Site
2. Black Skinhead
3. I Am God feat. God
4. New Slaves feat. Frank Ocean
5. Hold My Liqour feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon
6. I’m In It
7. Blood On The Leaves
8. Guilt Trip feat. Kid Cudi
9. Send It Up feat. King L
10. Bound 2 feat. Charlie Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment