Dir. Sid Said D'Banj Stopped Him From Blowing Up

In a two-part audio recording that hit the internet yesterday, Dr Sid is heard arguing with Davido and a couple of other people on the negative effect of D'Banj's success on his career. He said people don't know him, and he is not as big as he should be because D'Banj's star was overshadowing his while D'Banj was still with Mo Hits. Sid is a Nigerian rapper turned singer that was signed under eldee's Trybes Records back in the early 00s, before crossing over to the now defunct Mo Hits Records, which was run by Don Jazzy and D'Banj before the label dismantled and gave birth to Mavin Records, and D Banj Records.















You can read the part of the conversation I was able to salvage and transcribe below-



Dr. Sid- Why don't they know my name?

Unknown voice rambles something

Dr. Sid- Do you understand? Because your brand and your star is too much...it's overshadowing the efforts...

Unknown voice- No be D'Banj fault

Davido- Guy! D'Banj helps everybody...he used...(davido stammers a little)  If lil wayne called me, i go go meet lil wayne now! Shey you understand? If not for D'Banj, nobody would have look Wande Coal like that. Na true. Ah! I dey lie!!?

Dr. Sid- Let me tell you why...

Davido- I dey lie!!?

Dr. Sid- Let me tell you why...

Davido- uhm! I no know o!

Dr. Sid- Let me tell you why it is different for me as opposed to Wande and Prince.

END OF FIRST AUDIO

Second Audio
Dr. Sid- Understand what i'm saying.

A lot of rambling goes on.

Dr. Sid- No! No! No! See

More rambling amongst all present parties.

Dr. Sid- D'Banj did more negative than positive for my career.


Okay, that's it. I am not going to speak on this issue- make your own conclusions. And if you want to hear the audios for yourself, then follow this link- Dr. Sid and Davido argument on D'Banj

No comments:

Post a Comment