Rah Digga Recalls Being Good Friends With Amy Winehouse

The first lady of the now disbanded dysfunctional group, Flip-Mode Squad Rah Digga remembers times when she and the late Amy Winehouse would call up each and talk about doing music together.


Read what she said about it below-

"Me and Amy were good friends, we talked on Skye a lot," Digga revealed to SOHH referring to the late Amy Winehouse. "We were trying to make that [collaboration] happen when she first said it. The first time I saw her say that was in a XXL article, I think, maybe back in 2007. So I reached out to her back then. But I think at that time maybe it was becoming, like, serious, her drug problem. So she kind of detached from everybody and went into rehab and I was doing my thing. We always kind of tag teamed each other but then we actually started really communicating amongst ourselves a couple years ago. Not like 'My people are talking to your people.' Me and her actually started talking to each other directly, a couple of years ago."
"The collaboration never happened, I feel bad like, d*mn," Digga added. "It is what it is. I miss her. I was really looking forward to that. I know they're going to do some posthumous stuff for her, I just hope it embodies what she stood for musically and not a whole bunch of label big wigs trying to turn it into a multi-platinum pop project. She really was [a hip-hop head.] When I saw her make that [collaboration wish list] comment, I was bugging. Like, 'Wow. Amy Winehouse was checking for me?'" (SOHH)

It is very hard to sometimes imagine all these non-hiphop oriented musicians really trying to be close and pay homage to rap artist. I can remember about 2 years ago when Sade Adu was asked what she was listening on a regular now, and she mentioned Raekwon's name...I mean, i can't even imagine Sade Adu listening to Raekwon.

There was an interview of Amy Winehouse from the past that just started circulating where she gave out her wish-list of artists she would like to work with. You would be surprised at the names that made that list. Check it out below-

"There's so many people I'd love to work with: Nas, Mos Def. I'd love to work with Busta Rhymes, I'd love to work with Rah Digga ... I love them," she said in 2007. "I learned a lot of stuff about how to write songs from people like that. I just really like them, and if they like my stuff, cool. ... If they want to do a track, I'd love to." (MTV)

You see what i am talking about?









No comments:

Post a Comment