Dr Sid, Bamijo- Which Rapper Killed It




There is a term used in rap, "killed it", which is used to denote who had a better rap verse in a song with two or more rappers. Dr Sid, a Nigerian artist under Mo Hits records (Don Jazzy's Label) just released the video to his Bamijo single, which features other hot Nigerian rappers like Ikechukwu, M.I and Eldee D Don. I remember hearing this song several months back when Dr Sid's album dropped, and immediately knowing it had the tendencies of being a hit track. Months went by, and no one was talking about it, and i was kinda disappointed. I am happy now that the video is out, and the song is getting some exposure. You can check out the video hear- Bamijo

Okay, on who killed it, i think that is going to be a turf one. I rate this song on the same level with Puffy's It's All About The Benjamins song where it was hard to say who had the best verse from Puffy, Sheek Louch, Lil Kim, Biggie and Jadakiss. But with this song, if i am meant to eleminate till i get the person with the best verse, i think i would pick Ikechukwu out first. I am a fan of his music, but he really doesn't nail it when he uses that animated voice he has gotten so used to now.

So, now we are left with Dr Sid, M.I and Eldee. The next out is Dr Sid. He had a lovely verse; better than i expected from him, but he sure didn't kill it like the remaining two. I know he is the owner of the song, but i am just being honest.

Okay, now we have M.I and Eldee to pick from. I am going to disappoint you and say it think they both murdered the song on the same level. I can't pick who had the better verse, so i'ma say M.I and Eldee killed the track. I would like to get your opinion on who you think killed it.




No comments:

Post a Comment