Beanie Sigel Recalls Going At Jadakiss To Defend Jay-Z

Back in the early 00s, the hottest rappers in New York started going at each other for supremacy. Or, i can say Jay-Z wanted to claim the throne and not have any competition, so he fired shots, whether subliminal or directly at all his peers...Nas, Prodigy, Jadakiss. Whether you like to admit it or not, jadakiss was just as hot as Jay-Z in 1999/2000. I am not talking about record sales or popularity, i am talking about respect in terms of lyrical ability. So, the battles that jay didn't want to go directly into, he pushed his signee, Beanie Sigel to do the dirty work.

That is how Beanie Sigel ended up going at jada; who was his friend before the whole jay-z and jadakiss beef.
Read what Beanie had to say about the whole issue below-

I'm a team player. I ride with my team, so when my team got broke up I didn't rush to jump on no other team. That's how I felt at the time. I had offers other places, but I wouldn't do it without State Property. It was Roc-A-Fella Records but it was a State Property [movement]. We brought the street cred back to the building.


It was reality rap. I was puttin' my foot on people's neck; it was passionate music. Man, nobody in their right mind woulda jumped in that ring with Jadakiss the way I did at that time in my career. I wasn't even a fully established artist. I took that [beef] as an opportunity. It wasn't even about me and him. It was about Jay-Z and Kiss. At that time I didn't care who you was, if you had problems with anybody on the team [I got involved]. I was a rookie in the game and Jay was "The Big Homie".

I gave him that nickname.

So when Nas [rapped] "..compared to Beans, you wack" on "Ether", n*ggas around me was like "Ohhhhh!!!!" But I already saw what was going on. That was the divide and conquer move. It was a response to when Jay said "Ya bodyguards verse on 'Oochie Wally' was better than yours."

Jay wanted us to stay out the Nas beef, but I said "F**k that."

I was The Mechanic. I was the Professional.

I [responded] to Nas off the [G.Dep's 2002 single] "Special Delivery" beat and said, "What I look like -- a Fredo ni**a? I see through you like glass. Tryna kill four birds with one stone by breaking The Roc in half."

What I meant by that was when Fredo [from "The Godfather"] was out there in Vegas, Moe Green was stroking his ego, trying to divide the [Corleone] family. Nas was trying to Moe Green me like I was Fredo! Nah. You not gonna give me a compliment then you comin' at the family.

Its hard to shine around a light that's brighter than yours. My light was bright, but [Jay's] was right on top of it. Everytime.

That's how I made my bones.


Hmm! What do i have to say about what he said? I didn't even know those lines he dropped on G.DEPP's song was directed at nas. Really, i don't even think if he made a full length song targeting nas anyone would have paid attention to it. It would be a disrespect to nas at that time...i guess that was why jay didn't want any one of them to get involved in the nas beef. I think, beanie going at jada was still understandable. They did make some really dope beef songs...you can click on this link beanie sigel dissing jadakiss and listen to the diss song beanie made for jada. It is really hot, and just listening to it again, i am thinking...men!!! And jada replied him on Hard Feelings. Really, i can't say who won. Both of them went in. Take time and listen to the two, and tell me what you feel. lol! I like how kiss said, "you can bring your baby gorilla with you, he dying for free"...he was talking about freeway. Please, take time and listen to both dudes...listen well, a lot was said.

No comments:

Post a Comment