Rap Albums on The Billboard Charts

Tech N9ne is on top this week with his new release, All 6's &7's, which moved 56,000 after a week in stores. I have to say, that is impressive for someone i barely know. Okay, i am just one person, but i bet if you picked 10 people out of the crowd from where i am from and ask them who Tech N9ne was, none would know. I am not saying this to belittle him in anyway, but just out of curiosity about how he does it. I mean, how he has managed to build a big enough buzz, without having hot singles on heavy rotation, or videos on MTV. Or am i the one missing something?

Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 from Beastie Boys sold 15,000 copies this week, which now brings their total to 243,000 copies sold. No comment from me on these guys, cos i can't say i have heard even one of their songs. I know they were popping back in the days, and they are a bunch of white boys...no, white men now; that's all i know about them. I am sorry, there are so many people out now, and you have to be super dope to catch my attention. If i listen to you once, and i don't feel you, then it's on to the next one. Or, just sticking to my favorites.

Whiz Khalifa sold 14,000 copies of his Rolling papers album this week, bringing his total sales so far to 445,000 copies. He is almost Gold, but he has singles that have already sold Platinum.

Maybach Music Group Presents...Self Made, Vol. 1 sold 12,000 copies this week, and is now at a total of 90,000 copies. Rick Ross and the boys are making some side money with that compilation.

Tyler the Creator sold 4,600 copies this week of his Goblin album, with a total now at 75,000. I just started listening to the dude, and i can't really comment on him yet. But, if you would just ask what i feel about the guy right now, i would it is either he is just being him, or he is trying to get some attention with all the controversial lyrics he be spitting, and all the weird looking videos.

I Love You (A Dedication To My Fans), the mixtape from D-Block general, Jadakiss sold 3,300 copies this week, now totaling at 18,000 copies. I think it is cool that he can make some money from a mixtape.
I Love You (A Dedication To My Fans) The Mixtape [Explicit]
Wacka Flocka Flames's Flockaveli album sold 2,500 copies this week, now at a total of 272,000 copies. He must have done something major recently for this CD to pop back on the charts.

Okay, next week is going to be huge, as the Eminem and Royce Da 5'9 EP would have completed the one week cycle, and we would get to know how many copies it sells. I am predicting between 80-170k, but people are saying it might sell higher...let's just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment