Is Kreayshawn Competition for Nicki Minaj

Do you think Kreayshawn would be a threat to Nicki Minaj? By the way, Kreayshawn is a new female rapper that is popping right now. Just last week I was wondering what happened; I wasn’t hearing Nicki Minaj on radio like I used to. I was thinking; is her reign over already? You have to get me; it was just so all of a sudden, like a car driving fast on a road and suddenly falling off a cliff. Then I remembered what Lil Kim said in the diss track (Black Friday) she made for Nicki- “You are not hot, you’re a burning match, that means the end is new soon, copy that?” Don’t get me wrong, I am not taking sides or hating or anything, but the realization just hit me that she isn’t the hottest thing out anymore. There is that void that needs to be filled.

 
Anyway, as I said, I just realized Nicki was no longer receiving heavy rotation like a couple of months ago, and I was thinking what happened. Then, all of a sudden, I hear about this chick, Kreayshawn. I saw her picture, and couldn’t think of any creativity coming out of her, so I didn’t check her out. But I kept seeing headlines, and articles, and news about her, so I decided to check her out. I watched her “Gucci Gucci” video on youtube, and really kind of liked the whole package. By the whole package, I mean I liked the fact that she was different; she had a very creative video; and she wasn’t about following any fad or anything like that.

She has very simple rhymes, and isn’t really as versatile as Nicki or anything, but there is something about the chick that makes me feel she is going to blow up. She might not be very skilled in rapping, but she has got the basics, and from how she was in that video, she believed really much in what she was doing, and looks like someone that would get better with time. She has already signed a million dollar deal with Sony music which means she has the go-ahead and budget to go to work and be all over your radio and TV in a matter of months.
Nicki didn’t go all ghetto, but embraced a Barbie Image, and that has helped her reach a wider audience. Kreayshawn on the other hand can just be her…she’s white. A white female rapper…Hmm! I don’t think there has ever been any…at least none that I know of, and I have been around hip hop for like 20 years. She can use that to her advantage, and get a wider audience…maybe even wider than Nicki Minaj. And this is why I am asking if Kreayshawn Possess a threat to Nicki’s career.

Nicki already has a large fan base no doubt, but it will surprise you how fast human beings can switch views when the next big thing comes around. But, on a lyrically level, bar for bar, I think Nicki is better. I haven’t heard much from Kreayshawn, but I can clearly make judgments based on the Gucci Gucci song. I think we just have to wait, and see what she has in stock. But, just look out for her, and don’t forget the analysis in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment