Ja Rule Details His Fight With 50 Cent 14 Years Ago

Ja Rule is about to release his new book (Unruly: The Highs and Lows of Becoming a Man), and in it, he details his altercation with 50 Cent back in 2000. That was before 50 Cent got shot, and before he got signed by Eminem and Dr. Dre. This was when 50 was an upcoming act signed to Sony Music/Columbia Records. A lot of people don't believe Ja Rule's words on the fight, and during a recent radio interview with Hot 97, he was asked to speak on it again. Below are his words. 





“I’ve said this plenty of times. Nobody was listening…I remember a moment of bringing paperwork up to Hot 97 that had 50’s name. What’s the other dude’s name in the group? Yayo. Yayo’s name. I had actual, factual documents of them having a restraining order against us. And you know what people said? ‘Ah man, he doctored that, man. He made that up in the lab, man.’ I don’t got time for shit like that... So, what happened was I see him in Atlanta. A mutual friend of ours named Chaz…He sees me outside of the hotel before 50 rolled up. And he’s like ‘Yo Ja, you know 50 just want to talk to you about the whole situation that’s going on. Will you talk to him?’ I’m like ‘Chaz, I don’t have no problem talking to homeboy.’ I said ‘We’ll talk.’ So, he pulls up a little bit later. Now I got like a little bat around my neck or whatever. I’m holding the bat like this. You know how it was back in the day. You performed with little, stupid shit like that. So, I see him. He pulls up. We get to talking. And the talk got heated because I got mad and I started screaming at him and telling him he was a bitch. And this that and the third. And so he swings at me. He caught me a little bit, but I dipped it. And then hit em with the bat, ‘poom!’ So, now we start tussling. We tussling. Now my niggas is there. He got a few niggas with em there. Me and my niggas proceed to whoop his ass. While his niggas did nothing. They sat back and watched the whole shit.”


Yea, everyone said Ja Rule had a black eye after the fight, so it is good to see he mentioned that part about him ducking 50 Cent's punch. He must have downplayed that a little. Fif probably hit him with a solid right jab, before he got to using his baseball bat, and his boys probably quick joined in in beating 50. Well, that was a long time ago...14 years ago, and it probably can never happen again. But, it really did happen. 50 Cent fans need to get over it. Even 50 hasn't denied it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment