Ice T Names Rappers He Listens To

Ice T might be in his 50s, but that man has a solid place in Hip Hop history...He is one of the pioneers of a sub-genre of rap music called, gangster rap back in the late 80s. In a recent interview with Radio.com, Ice T named some of the rappers he listens to currently. 





"I like Lupe Fiasco, of course Kendrick Lamar. I like Young Jeezy, too. When he said, “Oh, God, please don’t let me go to jail tonight," I was like, “He’s really dealing with that from a real place.” T.I. There’s a lot of really good lyricists out there, you’ve got people like,Immortal Technique, or Tech N9ne, who have been around forever.”



Nice list. Lupe Fiasco needs to start getting more props. That dude's The Cool album was so complex to me when I first heard it, I had to grow intelligently a little more to really feel it. 

2 comments:

  1. Lupe is good...After Muhammed Walks, I knew he has got talent...but currently young thug, Rich homie quan, French Montana, Iggy azalea and T.I are killing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea...French Montana might not be a super lyrical rapper, but he sure is pretty good with making dope hooks.

    ReplyDelete