Game Just Got $4 Million From E1 For His Blood Money Label

Everyone is going independent these days, and Game doesn't seem to be doing badly for himself in the indie world. After completing his five album deal with Interscope two years ago with the release of his Jesus Piece album, he became a free agent. At one point he wanted to get signed with Cash Money, but he changed his mind, and formed a new label (Blood Money Entertainment) with his long time friend, Stat Quo. The Blood Money label is in a joint deal with E1 (Former Koch Records), and Game got paid $2 million for the deal...plus $2 million upfront for his upcoming album, Year Of The Wolf





During his recent interview on Big Boy's Neighborhood radio show (on Power 106 radio), he spoke on his current situation at E1 Entertainment.  





“It’s my own world, man. I’m in cahoots with E1 formerly known as Koch. We got a sweet deal. They came with a better deal than Interscope did in the beginning when I was young. I got two million up front. All cash. Wasn’t even a recording budget. And then after that they gave me a million dollars to record and then I got a million dollars to promote. Yeah, nowadays. And then the crazy part about the million that they gave me to promote is I put that in my pocket cause all my friends—It don’t cost nothing to get on The Neighborhood.”




That's a super sweet deal. So, let's do the math. Let's say the first $2 mill he was given is for signing the deal with E1, which should be to entice him to stay with them for the long haul. The second $2 million he got was for his upcoming album, Year Of The Wolf, which is going to be a group album, and his first under the indie label. He already shot two videos for the album; Bigger Than Me, and Or Nah. The album drops September 16th, the same day as 50 Cent's Street King Immortal Album. So, do you think Game can recoup the $2 mill he was given by E1 for this album? The album won't go Plat, or even Gold. It would probably sell like 30k first week, and end up at a total of 100k sold. And if each CD sells for an average of $5, that would just be half a million made from album sales. Unless he has singles that go Gold or platinum, I don't see how he can recoup that $2 mill. But I am sure E1 knew what they were doing when they gave him all that money. 


Which ever way, I am happy for Game's new situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment