Kendrick Lamar Gives Some Info on Upcoming Album

Since he dropped his masterpiece (Good Kid, Mad City) in 2012, a followup album from Kendrick Lamar has definitely been highly anticipated by the Hip Hop community. And Kendrick has been heightening the anticipation by being tight-lipped with information about his sophomore release. Every interview he does, he just gives a tit bit info on the album, and lives people guessing what is coming, and when. In this recent interview with Texas radio station, 93.7 (The Beat's Devi Dev), he was asked how he felt about his last album being labeled a classic, and how he would live up to that with his followup. He answered with...



"That felt crazy. I don't take that word ['classic'] lightly. I know the excitement. They really appreciated. I respect it 100 percent because I put a lot of work into it. I really can't focus on the past and what was said then. You're only as good as your last piece of work, so now it's about what's right now and me putting that same 110 percent that I did with the last one." 


Personally, I feel he's taking too long to drop a followup to GKMC. By October, it will be two years since he dropped the album, and there is no release date for his second album yet. No new single, and even his guest appearances on others works is slowing down. He needs to keep his name out there. Well, I trust his die-hard fans, I think they call themselves Kendrick's Sons on twitter or something like that. I trust them to ride with him to the end, but the rest of us that appreciate his music from a distance need something new from him to prove he is really that good. 

2 comments:

  1. d dude has established himself nicely but he really needs to get more features not only from his tde guys

    ReplyDelete