Fat Joe Says 'Big Pun Is One Of The Greatest Of All Time'

In a recent interview on 105.1's The Breakfast Club show, Fat Joe let the world know that he believes the late Big Pun is one of the greatest rappers of all time. Personally, I really do believe this, and it vexes me when people never bring up his name in conversations about the greatest rappers. As I always like to say, Big Pun is the most underrated dead rapper. That dude was amazing on the mic. During the interview, charlamagne tha god asked Fat Joe why he feels people don't bring up Pun's name when they are speaking on the greatest rappers in Hip Hop history, and Joe said...







"He is one of the greatest of all time...he is one of the best. I was there when he would rap and rappers wont rap. You know what I'm saying. You know how I knew Pun was nice? I took him to...his idol was G.Rap, I took him to Queens to Nas and G.Rap. And, you know, they're always like this is Fat Joe...Fat Joe's real...He a alright rapper...his Flow Joe days...that's my man. But they're like that's his fat cousin, Pedro." Speaking about Nas and Kool G Rap's first impression of Big Pun, before they heard him rap. "What is HE gonna rap about. And he (Pun) starts rapping like...tatatatata! And I see Nas eyes and G.Rap looking like OH MY GOD!!! What's going on here! You know. And that's when I knew, oh my god! I better go all the way with this guy. This guy is like...he's incredible."






Damn right, Big Pun was a lyrical genius. If you don't know him like that, google him up; download one or two of his tracks to know what's up. It's a shame he had to die after just one album, and a posthumous second album.

No comments:

Post a Comment