Macklemore Says Kendrick Lamar Is One Of The Best Ever

In a recent interview, Thrift Shop rapper, Macklemore crowned Kendrick Lamar as one of the best rappers ever. Well, i think Kendrick is a dope rapper, and I think his "Good Kid, M.A.A.D City" album is damn near 5 mic standards (if you remove backseat freestyle from the album), but saying he is one of the best ever is a long shot. I just think it's too early, and not fair on some relatively new rappers that have been doing their thing consistently for 4-5 years.



Read his words below-


"He already is. If he dies tomorrow, [he's one of the best ever]. For one, he's got a sh*t ton more music. He's just prolific. He's got a studio in the bus and every time I see him I'm like, 'F*ck, I gotta step my game up.' He's always working. You can hear that." (Hot 97)









If he had said the best of his generation, I would still have been cool with that. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those rap fans that have the mentality that no one can be better than Tupac and Biggie, I just believe it is good for a rapper to prove himself with at least two studio albums before he is placed on that pedestal. Even after Nas dropped Illmatic in 1994, he was still under the shadow of the Rakim comparison. People thought he was super dope, but it took him dropping a second album before he could be rated higher than just the second coming of Rakim. Give Kendrick time to prove his greatness, and not let all these over-hyping get to his head and kill his hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment