J.Cole Speaks On Making Nas Proud

One of the biggest moments of J.Cole's recently released album (Born Sinner) was the track, "Let Nas Down." On the track, he raps about how Nas had reacted negatively to his Work Out track (off his last album; Cole World), which was more of a R&B type of song than a rap song. He spoke about how Nas shared his disappointment with No.ID (hiphop music producer), and how No.ID phoned him to tell him.







J.Cole's album hadn't even been out officially for a full week when Nas responded to the Cole's track, with , Make Nas Proud over the weekend. The track had Nas commending J.Cole's rap career so far. In a recent interview, Cole commented on the track-



"I knew, but, it still didn't matter. It's still a major moment. It was still an amazing moment. I was like, waiting, for days for that moment. Period. It's just an amazing moment in my life. I knew he had did his verse or whatever -- we talked about it about a week and some change ago. We've been working on this for the past two weeks. It was a huge moment just for hip-hop, period, but more importantly, for me. I'm going to be selfish with this one." 





Cole definitely is starstruck right now. It is really funny for someone signed under Jay-Z to have Nas as an idol. Anyway, below are some lines from Nas's Make Nas Proud track-



"While you was writing down my rhymes, I was just tryna show you that if you say what's in your mind, you could stand the test of time/Now I'm playing Born Sinner loud/You made your nigga Nas proud. So you ain't Nas let down, it's just part of the game, becoming a rap king my nigga/You ain't let Nas down." "How that sound? Here's the crown, pass it to you like nothin'/You ain't let Nas down."



You can download the track here- Make Nas Proud

No comments:

Post a Comment