Muna Disrespects Modenine

At a recently concluded Nokia Don't Stop The Beat freestyle battle contest, female rapper Muna showed that her success has definitely gone to her head by disrespecting the legendary Modenine. She was just a presenter at the contest, and Modenine was a judge...wait, not just a judge, but the head judge. When the winner was meant to be chosen out of the two finalist, T.K.O, and Balck Jesus, Modenine went with T.K.O, but he gave good reasons for thinking T.K.O was a better rapper. But Muna disagreed with him. She stated, and i quote- "i don't agree with you" and when Modenine was trying to prove to her why he chose who he did, and the fact that he was the judge, and not her, she said- "I have a say to, you know"...making it seem like she had some back-door influence on the whole competition. And, i think the hight of disrespect was when Mode was still trying to school her and put her in check, she repeatedly said- "pass the mic"...cutting Modenine off with every word he uttered, requesting he pass the mic to the other judges.

The contest in question was the grand finale, and it went down a couple of weeks ago. But the footage of the live occurrence in question hit the internet a couple of days ago. You can check it out here for yourself- muna vs modenine. After the whole thing, Modenine was interviewed and asked how he felt about the whole thing, and below is what he had to say-

She was very disrespectful, but i had to put her in check immediately. I was put there to judge because of my wealth of experience. And i listen...I listen to Hip Hop. So...you know...i was the judge. The judges decision is final. I am actually...I was actually the head judge. So uh...It was very wrong for her to just...cut me off. You know...and try to go against my decision before the other judges had...even without the other judges making their decisions, she should have just kept quiet. You know...that's her personal opinion. She wasn't the judge, she was just uh....the presenter. So, I'm not...I'm not...I'm very very disappointed. But, hey, that's life men! And...you know...you know, if you chose to be disrespectful to Modenine, cool men! Do your thing. That's how it is men! That's life men! People are just disrespectful sometimes. What do you want me to do? I let it go men!


Cool DJ Jimmy Jatt was also one of the judges present at the event, and this is what He had to say-




To be honest with you, i was just trying to be...you know...play the role of an elder- like what they say. But, it was wrong what she did. Judges are judges...We didn't tell you what to do on stage. We didn't...when you...i mean, it was even wrong some of the things she was doing on stage. And we felt it was wrong, but we didn't rate her. In actual fact, to be honest with you, the only guy i think i know there is the guy that we were against. He is my own guy, cos we've done...you know...a competition before where he actually won. And he is my guy, so if we were even going to be like- lets favour our guy, that should have been the guy, but we were really being truthful. If you have your own opinion...unfortunately, everyone there has an opinion. The judges opinion is...you know...you let the person...and you have to respect the fact that people know what they're talking about...It's Modenine for God-sake. And coincidentally, all of us (the judges) had the same opinion about that time.

Reading what Jimmy Jatt said gives me a clue. I think the Black Jesus guy has a lot of friends in the entertainment industry, and one of them is Muna. She was really just bringing sentiments into the competition.


Jeese Jagz came around after the contest, but he also contributed his 2 cents to the whole drama-

Well...I mean...I think respect is very very very important. Everybody that knows me know i don't mess around...I treat Nigerian(music) Industry like a secondary school. If you were hear before me...It doesn't matter(salutes). If you want me to polish your shoes...You know what i mean. I wasn't there; i didn't here it. But if she was...It doesn't even matter if she meant it...If people think it was disrespectful, then she should apologize.


Just a sidenote- T.K.O, the winner of the contest is a student at Uniben, and is a member of a rap group called The Gadz. I have heard a lot from confirmed sources, that he and the other members of the clique, Lato and Full-Effex are the Kings on campus when it comes to freestyle battles...they are not to be contested.



No comments:

Post a Comment