Young Jeezy Speaks on "TM103"

Young Jeezy has been off the scene for a while, at least not as prominent as he was once. He has dropped a couple of singles in last couple of months, trying to get a buzz for his TM103 album. I think i can compare his struggle with Game's struggle. Game had been trying to get his R.E.D album out since 2009, just like Jeezy has also been trying to get his 4th album out since 2009. They both dropped their first albums in 2005, and the second in 2006, and the third in 2008. And game finally dropped his red album 3 weeks ago.Ballin' [Explicit]

Read what Jeezy has to say about the album below-

“I did a lot of joints by myself. I got a few guest appearances on there. I don’t want to let the cat out the bag,” he said. “I try to do timeless music. I feel like this is one of those albums that’s going to be timeless. That’s why I try to make sure the features made all the sense in the world.”


“It’s definitely a different game than five, six years ago. It’s more of a hustler’s game now. I feel like the streets is rap these days. It’s like being on the block in the cars. As far as music goes, I don’t think the corporate world understands this is our culture. Music connects the dots, it’s around the world, it’s a universal language. Sometimes, the executives try to take advantage of the culture. It ain’t a day job, this is real life.”

I'm sorry, but i like being realistic, and i would say, just like Game's album, it is not going to do so well. I think Gangsta rap is dead. I think the only rapper that can still move a lot of units with Gangsta rap is Rick Ross. Even T.I has learnt to soften up a bit. But with Jeezy, his style doesn't leave too much room for him to flip, or be versatile. I think this album would GOLD at the most...i don't see it reaching Plat. My apologies to all the Jeezy fans out there, i am just being real. I think it would sell between 80-200k max in the first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment