Cassidy Speaks on Recent Arrest

Philadelphia rapper, Cassidy was arrested last week, and it made headlines because people were narating it as being in connection with a murder, but it happened that it wasn't what it seemed it was.

Read the story below-

"In reference to the recent inquires regarding Barry Reese (aka Cassidy), on Saturday, May 14, 2011, Reese was arrested by Hackensack Police for a probation violation for a previous aggravated assault incident in Philadelphia," said the Philadelphia Police Department's public affairs office in a statement sent to XXLMag.com. "Reese was placed in probation violation status for non-reporting only. Reese is currently being held in Bergen County Prison awaiting extradition to Philadelphia. Reese is not wanted for any other crime / violation in Philadelphia." (XXL Mag)


"I'm still on probation from the situation I dealt with about six, seven years ago," Cass told Cosmic Kev in an interview. "[Me living in New Jersey,] that's why the police bought the whole SWAT team...I wasn't even sure what I was charged with. they bringing the whole SWAT team out, they talkin' about I'm on maximum security, I'm armed and dangerous -- I didn't even know what I was goin' down for. I was confused and if I know if I was confused the people in the streets were definitely confused." (Cosmic Kev)


I was really shocked when i heard the first news, because i can remember when he caught that murder case like 6 years ago, and they were talking "life imprisonment" for him, but he was able to reduce the sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment