NIGERIAN RAPPER, DA GRIN, DEAD

Wow! I just took a nap a couple of hours ago, and i wake up to the news that young iconic NIGERIAN RAPPER, DA GRIN just passed away. Da GRIN IS DEAD! It is really hard for me to believe. I never really get emotional like this, but it is just unbelievable that someone with sooo much energy for the world would just pass like that.

He was in a car wreck and was confirmed dead yesterday, april 22, 2010,at 7 in the evening. His passing just makes me feel like any of us can die at anytime. I think he would be greatly missed in the Nigerian music scene, and my love goes out to his family and close friends.

He was like a breath of fresh air; the perfect blend of lyricism, and wit. His infusion of the local yoruba dialect and English in his raps couldn't have been better; it was brilliant. Wow! I am still overwhelmed. And a lot of people wouldn't know how much they miss him till some time pass and you are wondering, "is he really gone for real?" It is just so sad.

It is just so sad that he had so much more to give to Nigerians, and the world at large; this is kinda like how tupac was when he died. I ain't saying their music was the same, but the energy they brought with it, and the fans they seemed to gather.


R.I.P DA GRIN

4 comments:

  1. Part of your post is quoted with credits at http://afrobeatradio.net/2010/04/24/r-i-p-da-grin/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

    ReplyDelete